Built in 1837 and retaining most of its original architectural elements, the restoration of this significant Greek Revival style summer retreat prioritized preservation and conservation, while improving modern conveniences with a light tough and sensitivity to the context and history of the dwelling. Historic fabric was conserved, repaired or reconditioned, then reused in the project. Where non-historic elements existed, they were replaced more sensitively to better express the ideals of Greek Revival architecture. A new pagoda style heavy timber pier head, and floating deck was designed and built to replace the previous non-historic pier lost in a recent hurricane. The new dock was relocated to the southwest property line to restore an open view to Morris Island and its historic lighthouse.